Outlaws and Angels is a western feature film starring Luke Wilson, Chad Michael Murray, Francesca Eastwood, & Teri Polo that was shot in Santa Fe, New Mexico in the summer of 2015. The film went on to Premiere at the Sundance Film Festival in 2016 and was sold to Momentum/ MGM for a theatrical release in July 2016. The film is available worldwide on various VOD platforms. As the original and day-to-day Producer on the film I was responsible for various duties from development through delivery.
Outlaws and Angels
Writer-Director JT Mollner came to me with an idea for a feature film script, and after a short discussion, we decided to collaborate on bringing the idea to the big screen. He wrote the story, and we collaborated on numerous rounds of notes and adjustments before we started shopping it for financing and attachments.
As the first Producer on the film, I managed the day-to-day operations, project finances, and was involved in getting buy-in and recruiting the team to project, including financiers, executives, talent, crew, sales , and distribution.
- creative development of the story & script with the writer/ director
- estimation of time and costs (schedule and budget)
- manage finances through the project lifecycle
- hire key team members (dept heads)
- evaluate vendors
- negotiate and conduct procurement of equipment and services
- secure locations
- liaison and manage union contract
- attach star talent and hire actors
- manage all set and shooting activities
- oversee the assembly and execution of the final cut of the film
- manage all creative assets through delivery
- hire the sales agent
- oversee the sale of the film
- managed festival submission and participation
- support distributor towards a successful theatrical & VOD release
- promote the film throughout its lifecycle